We have spent lots of time outside gardening lately. Here are some pics of my favorite plants right now. I also planted a bush cucumber, but it is not growing yet. I took these pictures!
Mrs. Sattler?
My yellow rose bush. I love roses because my name is Rose - I especially like yellow roses because my middle name is Orianna and that means "golden dawn". Mommy got this plant just for me!
1 comment:
Answer from Christy Sattler and her friend, THANK YOU!
Quoted from http://www.walterreeves.com/qa_display.phtml?qaID=1000
"Maple Eyespot Gall
Q: Can you tell me what this is on my maple tree? It seems to be on much of the lower foliage. Your advice on this strange phenomenon will be appreciated.
A: You have maple eyespot gall. Although it looks like a fungal disease, it's actually caused by a midge (a small fly-like insect). The female lays eggs in the undersurface of the leaves. The maggot that hatches develops quickly and produces a hormone that causes the bright red and yellow rings around the original egg damage.
Despite its distinctive appearance, eyespot gall does not harm the tree. It's just another natural phenomenon to file in the back recesses of your brain."
Post a Comment